Stoke Gigs Guide To Live Music Venues
Stoke Gigs HQ has put together another of their super helpful guides, with the help of your good selves via your feedback from Twitter and Facebook.
In this guide we’ve compiled a list of the best live music venues that the city has to offer.
1) The Sugarmill is no stranger to putting on live events, with bands such as The Libertines and Kasabian having graced their stage.
2) Intimate venue with two rooms and roof terrace with bar, toilets and heated seating areas, each with their own dedicated DJ’s.
4) Weekly live music events championing local bands with very reasonable ticket prices.
5) Fantastic positioning in Hanley town centre with friendly pub ‘The Stage Door’ next door.
1) Opened officially by Her Majesty the Queen in 1999.
2) Hosts a range of different events including live comedy shows, local talent, plays and musicals.
3) All under 26 year olds are eligible for free theatre tickets in partnership with ‘A Night Less Ordinary.’
4) Pre-order interval drinks available
5) Close to many local amenities such as bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
1) Renowned for its high quality ales and ciders.
2) Rear beer garden with small bottle bar, seating and heating.
3) Live music on a Wednesday night with local and national indie rock and roll bands and resident WEPLAY DJ’s in the beer garden.
4) Sunday night, blues, folk and jazz bands with traditional jazz bands on a Sunday lunch.
5) Salsa evening with free dance lessons and snacks on the last Wednesday of every month.
–> Full Moon
1) Metal and punk night every other Thursday.
2) Indie, alternative and rock DJ’s on Saturday nights.
3) Wednesday ‘Roots Music Revival,’ an acoustic session, with fresh local talent from 9pm with free entry.
4) Local bands playing original material every Friday from 9pm, with DJ’s playing until 2:30am.
5) Outside smoking area with some seating.
1) Student night on a Monday with DJ’s playing the best modern and classic rock and indie, dance and alternative music with great drinks offers.
2) Saturday night with rock, indie, alternative and dance DJ’s with entry £4 all night.
3) Available for private hire.
4) Weekly live national and local bands.
5) Small intimate venue with smoking area to rear.
–> The Rigger
1) The area’s best known live rock venue.
2) Short walk from Newcastle town centre.
3) Staged great bands in the past such as Lost Prophets and Spear Of Destiny.
4) 7Kw sound rig.
5) Open mic night on Wednesday, Thursday ‘Bitjam’ electronica open mic, Friday ‘Meltdown’ with classic rock DJ, Saturday ‘Resurrection’ with goth, metal, industrial DJ and Sunday open until midnight with the legendary Sunday quiz with money, beer and vouchers to be won.
1) Large dance floor with fully licensed well stocked late bar.
2) Big on-site car park which can be used over night if required.
3) Regular live music events.
4) Two rooms available to hire as private party or function rooms.
5) Executive suite perfect for engagements, christenings, funerals and parties, with catering facilities available.
Do you know any other local venues? Anything else you’d like to see included here? Comment below or email us.